Recipe: Baked Sweet Potato & Chickpeas
Our baked sweet potato recipe is the perfect side dish for any main meal but it also works well when partnered with a BBQ!
Free from: Gluten/Wheat, Dairy, Nuts, Sugar, Soya, Vegan.
Diet Specific: Low GL/GI, Antioxidant Packed, High Fibre.
You will need:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. each cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked (or regular0 paprika
- Pinch of sea salt or lemon juiceTOPPINGS
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, minced
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- Chilli and garlic flakes
METHOD: (makes 12)
- Preheat oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 (line a large baking sheet with foil)
- Cut sweet potatoes in half-length ways and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices and place faced down on the baking sheet with the chickpeas (or another baking sheet depending on size). Bake for roughly 25 minutes until chickpeas golden and potatoes tender.
- Prepare the parsley-tomato topping by tossing tomato and parsley with lemon juice and setting aside to marinate.
- Serve sweet potatoes flesh-side up, top with chickpeas and drizzle with tomato dressing and optional hummus.
Nutrition (per serving):
Carbs: 45g (10.9g sugars)
Fat: 8.4g (0.9g saturated fat)