Have a go at baking our coconut cupcakes with your family, using our recipe below!
Free from: Gluten/wheat, dairy
You will need:
- 150g coconut flour
- 150g coconut oil
- 150g agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of rice milk
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
Method (makes 12):
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c/375°F/gas mark 5
- Mix the coconut oil, agave and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- Mix eggs in slowly until fully combined into the mixture.
- Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, xanthan gum and rice milk until you have a smooth cake batter.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into cupcake cases and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- For the topping, melt the cocoa drops and drizzle over the cupcakes once they’ve cooled.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut to finish.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Calories: 224 Carbs: 17.6g (9.8 sugars)
Fat: 16.3g (12.8g saturated fat) Salt: 0.03g
Protein: 3.7g Fibre: 6.8g
We’d love to hear your thoughts if you gave our recipe coconut cupcake recipe a go.
Please let us know in the comments!