Free From: Gluten/Wheat, Dairy, Nuts, Sugar
You Will Need:
For the cupcakes:
- 150g plain gluten free flour
- 150g virgin coconut oil
- 150g agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. rice mile
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 eating apples of your choice, peeled, cored and chopped into very find pieces
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the icing (optional):
- 22g dairy free cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Agave syrup to taste
Method (makes 12):
- Pre-heat the oven to 190oC / 375F / gas 5.
- Finley chop the apples and squeeze over the juice of two lemons to stop them going brown.
- Mix together the coconut oil, agave syrup and cinnamon until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs. Once combined, add the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and rice milk until you have a smooth cake batter. Finally add the apples.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into cupcake cases and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- For the topping, add the agave and vanilla extract to the dairy free cream cheese. The liquids will make the cheese loose so keep adding more until you reach a firm consistency. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pipe the topping onto the cupcakes and leave to set in the fridge.
Nutrition (per serving):
Carbs: 23.6g (10.9g sugars)
Fat: 13.4g (10.5g saturated fat)
We’d love to hear your thoughts if you gave our Apple & Cinnamon Cupcake recipe a go. Let us know in the comments below or drop us a message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!